Privacy Notice Xsens
This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice“) is prepared by Xsens AS (“Xsens“, “we“, “our” or “us“) to ensure that you receive the information we are required to provide to you, and which is necessary for you to exercise your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR“) and the Norwegian data protection legislation (together “data protection legislation“).
This Privacy Notice describes how we process personal data about you, the purpose of our processing activities, and the legal basis for our processing activities. Furthermore, this Privacy Notice provides you with information about your rights under applicable data protection legislation and other relevant information relating to our processing of your personal data.
2. Contact Information
We process your personal data as a controller. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, including how we process personal data or would like to submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us by filling in our contact form on our web page or send a letter to Xsens AS, Godviksvingene 127, 5179, Bergen, Norway.
3. When do we process personal data?
We collect information from you when you visit or provide information on our website or otherwise, when you use our services as a customer or potential customer, or private and/or business-related contact. This information may be provided by the following categories of persons:
- Business relationships such as customers (and contact persons of business customers) and contact persons of suppliers and partners.
- Anyone who visits our website.
- Job applicants, including people who are relevant for employment at Xsens.
4. What personal data do we process?
4.1. Business relationships and website visitors
The below list describes the categories of personal data which we may process regarding our customers, suppliers and partners in connection with the establishment and administration of our business relationship, as well as information regarding our website visitors:
- Information about you and your contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and job title.
- Information relevant to the relationship with customers, suppliers and other associates.
- Your IP address.
- Any information you provide to us when visiting our website or otherwise. Please see Section 4.2 below for more information about our processing of your personal data when you visit our website.
When you visit our website, we and some third parties may collect information about how you use our websites by using cookies. Cookies are small files of software that save and retrieve information about your visit to a website or application. They reside in your internet browser to help remember your preferences and previous activity.
When you visit our website, the following types of cookies may be set in your browser:
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Advertisement cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the providers of cookies we use, and the purposes for which we use them, in the table below:
|Necessary||Distinguish between humans and bots. Detect if the visitor has accepted the marketing category in the cookie banner. Preserve users’ states across page requests. Store the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain. Check if the user’s browser support cookies.||Vimeo.com, GStatic.com, Google.com, LinkedIn.com, Youtube.com, Nr-data.net, Doubleclick.net|
|Preferences||Register which server-cluster is serving the visitor. Save the user’s preferences when playing embedded videos from Vimeo. Contains data on visitor’s video-content preferences.||Linkedin.com, Vimeo.com, Vimeocdn.com|
|Analytical||Register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visited and to throttle request rate. Register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website. Track usage of embedded video player. Data-synchronization with third-party analysis service. Send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. Tracks the visitor access devices and marketing channels. Registers statistical data on users’ behavior on the website. Used for internal analytics by the website operator. Collects data on the user’s visits to the website, such as which pages have been read.||Xsensflow.com, Akamized.net, Linkedin.com, Google-analytics.com, Vimeo.com|
|Marketing||Used for tracking the use of embedded services. Register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking on of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user. Implementation and functionality of video-content on the website. Ensure visitors browsing-security by preventing cross-site request forgery. Security of the website and visitor. Estimate the user’s bandwidth on pages with integrated videos. Register a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Stores the user’s video player preferences.||Linkedin.com, Doubleclick.net, Youtube.com|
We integrate with third party websites and plug-ins such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Youtube and Vimeo. These may collect information about your IP-address and which page you are visiting on our website, and they may set a cookie to ensure proper function. We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and Vimeo. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions on these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
4.3. Persons who are applying for a job and recruitment
In connection with the recruitment process, we will process the personal data that you provide us with in relation to the recruitment process. This includes your name, contact information, study and work experience, current job title, etc. If you provide references, we may also process the names and contact information of these references.
5. For what purposes do we process your personal data?
The personal data set out in Section 4.1 above are processed in order to establish and manage our customer or supplier relationship, for billing purposes, and in order to be able to provide our services to you or your employer. Due to our bookkeeping and internal reporting- and compliance obligations we process documentation connected to payments and purchases.
The personal data set out in Section 4.2 enable us to e.g., better understand our customers and website visitors in order to market and adapt our services to you or your employer. The personal data set out in Section 4.3 is processed in order to assess you as a potential employee with us and to form a sound basis for decision-making in our recruitment processes.
6. Our Legal basis for Processing personal data
We base our processing of personal data on the legal bases set forth below.
We process information connected to the contact person and other representatives of one of our corporate customers, suppliers, or other partners because it is necessary for purposes related to Xsens’ legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest to establish and manage our relationship with the business you represent as its contact person.
Any personal data connected to purchase or other bookkeeping documentation will be processed based on our obligations under the bookkeeping legislation.
We process the personal data described in Section 4.2 for purposes related to Xsens’ legitimate interests and consent where relevant. We have legitimate interests in using necessary cookies which allow our website to function. We consider that these interests exceed the consideration of your privacy. Where we have your consent, we use the information provided by cookies for marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We process the personal data described in Section 4.3 for purposes related to Xsens’ legitimate interests, which is to recruit and hire relevant candidates in our business.
7. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We use different service providers in connection with the processing of personal data. The service providers will act as processors on our behalf. We have entered into data processing agreements with our processors which inter alia obligates the data processor to implement technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security, confidentiality, and integrity of the personal data, as well as to only process the relevant personal data in accordance with data protection legislation.
We will only transfer personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA with a valid legal basis, such as Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the EU Commission (“SCCs“).
We will not disclose your personal data to any other third parties than the third parties described above, unless we are required to do so under applicable law, or if it is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
8. Retention and deletion
As a general rule, we will delete or anonymize personal data when they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed. We will delete or anonymize personal data in accordance with the following procedures:
- The personal data relating to contact persons of business customers, including your name and contact information, will be processed as long as we have an active customer relationship with you or your employer. If you decide to end your customer relationship, the information will, as a general rule, be deleted 1 year after you have ended your customer relationship.
- Purchase documentation will, depending on the nature of the documentation, be stored for either 3 ½ or 5 years in accordance with the Bookkeeping Act (Nw. Bokføringsloven).
- Information about job applicants who are not hired will be deleted at the end of the recruitment process.
9. Your Rights
You have the following rights when we process personal data about you:
- Access. You may contact us if you want to obtain confirmation with respect to whether or not we are processing your personal data, as well as access to and further information regarding our processing of your personal data. You may also request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you.
- Correcting personal data (rectification). You may request us to rectify and/or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Erasure (the right to be forgotten). You may request us to erase your personal data. We will respect and comply with your request unless we among other things are prohibited from deleting your personal data under mandatory retention requirements, or the personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Restriction. You may also request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in accordance with the criteria under data protection legislation. If the processing has been restricted, such personal data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another person or for reasons of important public interest.
- Object. You are entitled to object to certain processing activities. You are furthermore, on grounds relating to your particular situation (for example, a specific need for protection of your identity), entitled to object to the processing of personal data based on legitimate interests, which we will comply with, unless there exist compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your interest, or if our processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Data portability. If we process your personal data based on consent or based on our performance of a contract, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request us to transfer the personal data to you or another controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please note that the above rights may be subject to further exceptions and limitations in accordance with the data protection legislation.
You may contact us by filling in our contact form on our web page if you wish to exercise any of the above rights. Please note that we may request additional information from you if such information is necessary to confirm your identity.
As a controller, we are responsible for the security and confidentiality of the personal data we process. We are furthermore responsible for implementing appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security for the processing.
11. Supervisory authorities
You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or complaints regarding our processing of your personal data. You may also file a complaint to a data protection authority in the EU/EEA Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or the place of the alleged data protection infringement. For instance, you may file a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
You can obtain the contact details of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority on the following website: www.datatilsynet.no. You may also find more information on your rights and the data protection legislation on this website.
We may update the Privacy Notice from time to time. The Privacy Notice will, for example, be updated to comply with any legislative amendments or if we make changes to our processing of personal data.
An updated version of this Privacy Notice will be published on our website if any revisions to the Privacy Notice are made. This Privacy Notice is effective from the date stated initially.